AoK Kids & Teens
You can change lives by sharing your art in our gallery!
Inspiring and empowering the next generation of creative change-makers...
Art of Kindness invites young people of any age (up to 18 years), to join the movement toward a brighter future by sharing an original artwork in our online gallery, in support of their favourite Charity Partner.
This is a non-judging, non-competitive, inclusive space that celebrates each person’s unique artistic contribution. Art of Kindness is for artists and makers of all ages, at all levels of experience, using virtually any media or materials.
It's a wonderful way for kids to express themselves, and make a contribution!
WHY SHARE ART?
- ‘My talent is seen and valued’: when kids see their artwork showcased and celebrated in our online gallery, it does so much more than give them confidence and artistic validation...
- ‘I have the power to make a difference’: when they realise their art can fund vital charities and change lives in the real world, kids have the direct experience that their voice is relevant and they have the power to make an impact.
- ‘I can make some pocket money’: kids receive 30% of the sale price toward out-of-pocket costs (deposited into a parent’s nominated account).
- ‘It’s easy – I can do this’: just email a photo of the piece to email@example.com. We’ll reply with a quick online form to collect a few details and parental permission, then upload the precious piece to our online gallery. The art stays in your possession until sold.
- ‘I pick the charity’: we know how deeply young people care about the planet. Kids make an impact where it matters to them, by selecting the cause they’re most passionate about from our diverse list of Charity Partners:
WHAT'S MY ART WORTH?
Many kids and students hesitate to put a price on their art. It's understandable, when even experienced artists sometimes question what value to place on their work! So, keep these factors in mind:
- Even if the artist is very young or still learning, their original work is unique, and has creative value.
- Art of Kindness buyers also realise there is great added value in supporting young artists who are generous and brave enough to contribute their talents to make a difference in the world.
- Through their shared love of art and intention to make a difference, the artist and buyer form a real connection. When a buyer hangs your precious original work on their wall, they don't just have a beautiful artwork to enjoy... the art is special because it comes with a touching story, and is a constant reminder of your generosity and the donation to charity you made possible.
HOW DO I START?
IT'S SO EASY – all you need to do is email a good photo of the original artwork you'd like to sell in the Art of Kindness gallery. We will reply with an easy online form that parents can complete to give us a few details and permission. The form also includes the list of Charity Partners so you can choose the cause you care about the most.
- We have set a minimum price for all artworks of $50 (plus shipping).
- We add shipping onto the artist's nominated price (calculated according to size and weight), so the price displayed is all-inclusive for the buyer (we email artists a pre-paid shipping label to stick onto the package).
- We support budding and emerging artists to list their work at a price commensurate with the quality and impact of the piece.
- The value of art is subjective, and based on many factors, but in the end you need to set a price you are comfortable with, and for which you would be happy to part with the piece.
- If you're unsure about pricing, just ask us!
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
We'll load your artwork into the gallery and promote on social media. When the artwork is sold, you just need to package it up safely and pop it into the nearest Australia Post Office.
Once the piece is received by the buyer in good order and condition, Art of Kindness will go ahead and distribute the funds (after shipping allowance is deducted from the total, if applicable):
- 30% to the artist (deposited into a parent's account)
- 30% to Art of Kindness (to cover marketing expensive)
- THE REMAINDER IS PROFIT: 100% of net profit goes to charity
- ALL net profits go to the artist's chosen Charity Partner. Find out more
READ THE BLOG The Majik Frog that changed lives:
How young artist Lily, and inspiring buyer Tracey,
made a special connection that raised funds for
ground-breaking medical research.
Supporting, encouraging and showcasing the talent of budding and emerging artists is central to the Art of Kindness mission. Creativity is a powerful force - let’s ignite it! Let us know if you have any questions, or if you'd like to share a piece of art!